People migrate to another country for variety of reasons. Before the early civilizations, our ancestors moved from one place to another very frequently in order to find food and shelter. Hence, it is safe to say that migrating to different places is natural for people as they are always aspiring for personal gratification and fulfillment of their dreams.
In the past decade, one of the more popular destinations of aspiring expats is the United Arab Emirates, in Dubai specifically. As of a result of this, more and more people from other neighboring and western countries were attracted to move to Dubai in hopes of better life and career. Today, the population of locals or Emiratis in Dubai is only roughly 15% and the remaining 85% is made up of people from other cultures and countries, making it one of the cities with most expatriates.
Expats in Dubai have different reasons why they decided to relocate to the state. This article will try to identify the most common reasons of expats for moving in order to have a macro observation of migration trends in the state.
It’s all about business– Large portion of Dubai’s expat community is made up of business people and professionals. There are many investors and business professionals who moved to Dubai in the name of business. With the city’s economy continued improvement and development, more and more foreign businessmen are realizing the full potentials of Dubai’s economic standing. In hopes of furthering their business and income, business professionals have decided to relocate to Dubai in order to focus on their investments and businesses. Because of this, many types of businesses have flourished in this part of UAE, from car dealerships, hotel accommodations, luxury accommodations, manpower, maintenance, food, and even catering company Dubai.
Some because of personal choice– Not all expats in Dubai are business-driven people, some of them decided to move their in hopes of starting life anew. These individuals moved to the city in order to start a new chapter in their lives. Some of them may have had problem-filled past that they want to have a fresh start and be better individuals. With the good job market and economy Dubai has to offer, it has become a magnet for people who want to establish a new sustainable life.
Many because of career opportunities– The job market in Dubai is relatively good. Since there are more and more multinational companies are investing in the state, job opportunities soar. Some of these professionals and workers in Dubai for limited time only because they were assigned to handle projects there, but some are there for good. Hence, skilled workers and professionals gained interest in working in Dubai and finally settling in there. In addition to rich job market, Dubai is also known for not requiring workers to pay income tax, which helps them to have higher take-home income. For example, a catering company Dubai is comprised of people from different parts of the world including the Middle East, South East Asia, United States, European countries, and Australia.
Others want a change in their lives– While majority of the expats’ population in Dubai is made up of workers and professionals, there is also a good number of expats that are in the emirate because they just prefer to. People who are adventurous and want to try something new find Dubai an interesting place to settle in because of the city’s promising economy. When these individuals went to Dubai, all they wanted was to experience a new culture and meet new people, eventually, they decided to settle there.
If you are planning to move to Dubai because of business, employment, family, or other personal reasons, then you must be sure that you have planned your move well.